SoO HEROIC - General Nazgim

Strategies for SoO.
Tan

SoO HEROIC - General Nazgim

Post by Tan »

I would suggest killing the General after Norushen:

From IV:
In addition to General Nazgrim and the adds having increased health and dealing increased damage, there are two major changes in the Heroic mode of the fight.

First of all, every 15 seconds, General Nazgrim will cast Execute on his current tank. This deals a massive amount of Physical damage to that player. Execute has a 2.3-second cast time. -> Tanks use Defensive CD when he's in Berserker Stance.

Second of all, a new type of add exists, called Kor'kron Sniper. This add uses three abilities:

Hunter's Mark, a fixate effect that he will cast on a random, non-tank player (with ranged raid members being chosen as targets most often);
Shoot, a basic attack that deals Physical damage;
Multi-Shot, a frontal cone attack that deals high Physical damage. So face him away from rest of raid.

In Heroic mode, 3 adds spawn in each wave, as opposed to 2 in Normal mode, and the Sniper enters into this rotation with the other adds seamlessly.
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Firik

Re: SoO HEROIC - General Nazgim

Post by Firik »

not critizing or anything but isn't the protectors one of the easiest on hc? far as I'm aware it's basically just an increased amount of damage and health no new abilities.

Firik
Tan

Post by Tan »

It's debatable. Some say Nazgrim>Protectors, some say otherwise... I just picked one.
I'm not against trying Protectors first either.
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Rublupine

Post by Rublupine »

Nazgrim gets us started on Hc Tier. Nazgrim is a preferable option.
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Firik wrote:not critizing or anything but isn't the protectors one of the easiest on hc? far as I'm aware it's basically just an increased amount of damage and health no new abilities.
Firik
2 extra critical things -

1. You need an interrupt rotation on Gloom, this is priority target this time around as people will be 1 shot, yellow circle stacks here also.

2. A tank alone cant deal with Mark of Anguish so a tanking rotation is needed, Mages (ice block), Shadow Priests (Dispersion) and Hunters (Deterrence).

Both fights are much the same difficulty wise (FP = Execution, GN = DPS).
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
politrika

Post by politrika »

While I agree that some bosses might be easier than others, I also think they are in a particular order for a reason and am inclined to believe we would be better off from many PoVs by following the natural line of progression.
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

politrika wrote:While I agree that some bosses might be easier than others, I also think they are in a particular order for a reason and am inclined to believe we would be better off from many PoVs by following the natural line of progression.
While commendable in the approach, I disagree, I would recommend the easier bosses to get the Heroic/Heroic Warforged gear as they will be of huge benefit on later fights especially ones that require high dps/healing e.g. Shamans is really hard fight.

The Order I would recommend would be:

Immerseus.
Norushen
The Fallen Protectors
General Nazgrim

Then anything else in the 1st 6 bosses that you think is doable, however, healing/dps/skill requirements ramp up is significantly from here on in.

You probably want to miss the following until really well geared:

Shamans - particularly hard and we run it with 3 tanks meaning that dps really have to work their socks off.

Malkorok - execution fight, this is a mare on 10 the amount of orbs that need to be avoided can get ridiculous, took us a lot of attempts to get this right, dps requirements can also be tight.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Amazone

Post by Amazone »

Tan wrote:I would suggest killing the General after Norushen:

Second of all, a new type of add exists, called Kor'kron Sniper. This add uses three abilities:

Hunter's Mark, a fixate effect that he will cast on a random, non-tank player (with ranged raid members being chosen as targets most often);
Shoot, a basic attack that deals Physical damage;
Multi-Shot, a frontal cone attack that deals high Physical damage. So face him away from rest of raid.

In Heroic mode, 3 adds spawn in each wave, as opposed to 2 in Normal mode, and the Sniper enters into this rotation with the other adds seamlessly.
Woohoo I am so happy a hunter add.
Anyways looking interesting, definitely some changes.
ImageImage
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

Looks like 2H should be the way to go. We took 2 disc (Poli proper, me atonement dps) and Neph. Looking at overheal afterwards, Neph had huge overheal and low effective heal because of the way disc shields operate, must have been very frustrating for him. We also lacked dps control on the adds. So, 2H for next try please, sadly.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Panerai

Post by Panerai »

suggest to tank him where the ads spawn next time. This way tanks are more helpfull and can see whats happends .
Prio is shaman and totems then, Snipper is then easier to take at the wall wen no one is in line of fire because we are not all spread up. Healers will have an easier job wen we are not all spread out. And the Assasin is easier to spot for everyone and then can be taken care of. Lets put it this way .. its giving us more control of the fight wen we are a bit closer together and can see what happends.

Thoughts are welcome about it.
Im not gone be grim about it this time!