SoO Heroic - Sha of Pride

Strategies for SoO.
Soraya

Re: SoO Heroic - Sha of Pride

Post by Soraya »

If you want to play the tactic where people with Gift of the Titans absorb pride from the Manifestations of Pride, you essentially need to have your healers in that area - I got gift every single time last time; I have found that the RNG has often been friendly enough to allow at least one dispelling class to do their job. Perhaps those with gift can announce it on mmbl.
Alaedon

Post by Alaedon »

Soraya wrote: I have found that the RNG has often been friendly enough to allow at least one dispelling class to do their job
here we go i forget about dispel thank Soraya for remind me about that .. if we spread the raid around how we will dispel players .. we will go for healer have to dispell ppl even when they dont have the titan gift ??
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Think we have a fresh run on Sunday, will look to see our set up and update.

Note: One point I would add, even though were spread around the boss, we are all still pretty close to him, generally standing between two of the prisons. Its a heavy movement fight but I always try and maintain my starting point.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

Alaedon wrote:
Soraya wrote: I have found that the RNG has often been friendly enough to allow at least one dispelling class to do their job
here we go i forget about dispel thank Soraya for remind me about that .. if we spread the raid around how we will dispel players .. we will go for healer have to dispell ppl even when they dont have the titan gift ??
Dispelling without gift is dangerous play until Pride is dropped. Given other mechanics, dispelling without Gift ramps up your Pride to risk levels disproportionate to the amount of dispelling IMO (except in emergency situations, where I have taken a risk because my Pride is low anyway). If your healer/dispeller stands where we usually group - or even just behind if they are to soak the Pride from the Manifestation - they should be able to just about reach all except any that may find themselves directly opposite (by the door - eg prisons) - it has a 40 yard range.

FWIW it is my experience that at least one healer gets Gift, and their main focus is dispelling at this time, which is about manageable even with the GCD if all are within range. Off to do an analysis of this and will post results.

Where the RNG is unkind, I came out of Pacman phase and was dropped by the door, meaning I had to run around the room to get back to my spot and resume healing/dispelling. Do you always exit at the same spot or is it random where you come out?
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

Analysis of Gift of the Titans buff

1st attempt: 18 buffs cast on dps, 10 buffs cast on healers.

Soraya buffs gained 9; dispelled 18
Nephesh buffs gained 1; dispelled 0

2nd attempt: 18 buffs cast on dps, 9 buffs cast on healers.

Soraya buffs gained 8; dispelled 12
Nephesh buffs gained 1; dispelled 2

3rd attempt: 20 buffs cast on dps, 9 buffs cast on healers.

Soraya buffs gained 8; dispelled 16
Nephesh buffs gained 1; dispelled 1

4th attempt: 20 buffs cast on dps, 10 buffs cast on healers.

Soraya buffs gained 8; dispelled 18
Nephesh buffs gained 2; dispelled 2

5th attempt: 9 buffs cast on dps, 4 buffs cast on healers.

Soraya buffs gained 2; dispelled 5
Nephesh buffs gained 2; dispelled 1

6th attempt: 16 buffs cast on dps, 8 buffs cast on healers.

Soraya buffs gained 7; dispelled 16
Parsifal buffs gained 5; dispelled 1

7th attempt: 20 buffs cast on dps, 10 buffs cast on healers.

Soraya buffs gained 8; dispelled 18

8th attempt: 10 buffs cast on dps, 5 buffs cast on healers.

Soraya buffs gained 2; dispelled 3
Nephesh buffs gained 3; dispelled 2

9th attempt: 17 buffs cast on dps, 8 buffs cast on healers.

Soraya buffs gained 7; dispelled 15
Nephesh buffs gained 1; dispelled 0

10th attempt: 9 buffs cast on dps, 4 buffs cast on healers.

Soraya buffs gained 2; dispelled 5
Nephesh buffs gained 2; dispelled 1

11th attempt: 19 buffs cast on dps, 9 buffs cast on healers.

Soraya buffs gained 8; dispelled 16
Parsifal buffs gained 6; dispelled 1

12th attempt: 19 buffs cast on dps, 9 buffs cast on healers.

Soraya buffs gained 7; dispelled 13

It is clear from these numbers that healers get the Titans buff at a much larger ratio of roles to dps (50% of all buffs is shared between 2 people)
Amazone

Post by Amazone »

Good analysis Soraya!

When it comes to Titans buff, I always try to get around the purple marker, but, as a ranged I am on the move a lot closing rifts etc, but I don't know how to draw a conclusion to these numbers, we certainly must get more efficient...
Numbers don't show what dps got the buff, only Parsi showed up because he also knows how to dispel.
ImageImage
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

I can post up which dps got the buff if it is considered useful :) I was looking mainly from a dispelling perspective, but if you need analysis with respect to Power of the Titans I can post that up. :)
Nephesh
GM [Retired]

Post by Nephesh »

Soraya wrote:Analysis of Gift of the Titans buff

From when is that Soraya??

Because I dont like the numbers I see :P.
I normally allways dispell at least 2 ppl when I get the Titan buff (when there are ppl to dispell offcourse) and sometimes I manage to get a third dispell done....
Might be that someone dispells right before me, or... well.. it's just weird...

-

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Tsumecho

Post by Tsumecho »

I will be making a weak aura for Weakened Resolve for Sunday's raid. It is intended to display a giant icon when you have 5 seconds left on your cooldown so that you know you will be able to grab another rift. If anyone else is interested in this I will paste the code for you to import.
Meow.

Alaedon

Post by Alaedon »

This is Pan's tact for this fight which lead for us to take the boss to 39% .. tomorrow Sha of Pride will die .. if i forget or make a mistake with the tact Bob and Pan please correct me ;)

Sha of Pride Postions,Rifts closing duty and Group up spot: