Strategies for SoO.
Rublupine

SoO HEROIC - Galak

Post by Rublupine »

Rublupine

Re: SoO HEROIC - Galak

Post by Rublupine »

Tactics for Hc:

The majority of the fight is unchanged from normal, one mechanic added and obviously increased dmg and hp.

- Instead of the towers unlocking automatically, an NPC team will unlock it for you after 90secs. You need to assign DPS to defend them. Looks like this means putting 2 ranged and a healer on the hill so they can hit the adds as they come or otherwise sniper down the hill to the trash.

- Added complexity arising from this? Well, as the first team is going up the tower there needs to be some cover on the second tower. If we don't protect that towers NPCs we'll be extending the fight longer than needed (because the NPCs on that side will die and then the 90 sec timer will be reset). Best case is that Tower 2 unlocks just as tower 1 is cleared.

- By all reports, the Shaman that come in the trash waves are vastly more annoying. They need to be single target nuked as prio. After Shaman, same applies to the Bonecrushers.

- The way I read the mechanics, the tower team needs to pit stop on the way from Tower 1 to Tower 2 and make sure the trash is under control (i.e. everything still up when Tower 1 is cleared is finished off before Tower 2 is cleared.

- Finally, as the fireball i phase 2 actually hurts now, that means we need an absorb rotation. Some reports suggest 2 groups and the targeted player going to whichever group is on CD. I think it may depend on the raid composition though.

Overall, a fight I think we are ready for. However raid composition may be a big factor in success. Definitely a fight that will favor a higher number f ranged DPS?

No then, where's G, I'm sure I'll need correcting somewhere?
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

Every time I've done this on heroic on draenor hordeside and normal on silvermoon, the entire raid (excluding a couple of dps and a healer) have gone into the towers. As a consequence the towers are done very quickly, and there's no risk from one or two being blown off. The only other difference is that with boss down we stack at two points, not one, both about 10 yards from boss and at left and right. When the orb comes, the targetted player moves away as normal, to get the orb through the stack point.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Erian wrote:Every time I've done this on heroic on draenor hordeside and normal on silvermoon, the entire raid (excluding a couple of dps and a healer) have gone into the towers. As a consequence the towers are done very quickly, and there's no risk from one or two being blown off. The only other difference is that with boss down we stack at two points, not one, both about 10 yards from boss and at left and right. When the orb comes, the targetted player moves away as normal, to get the orb through the stack point.
This, keep the 2 best dps down.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Tsumecho

Post by Tsumecho »

Fatboss vid and MMO Champ guide below

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/135 ... roic-Guide
Meow.