SoO Heroic - Malkorok

Strategies for SoO.
Alaedon

SoO Heroic - Malkorok

Post by Alaedon »

Gladion

Re: SoO Heroic - Malkorok

Post by Gladion »

I see nice combo for rocket boots and Dark Bargain..
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=110913
In regione caecorum rex est luscus.
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

In my books this is probably the next hardest fight after Shaman before you get to Thok.

Reasonable dps requirement with a lot of precise movement from all ranged players.

The extra mechanics aren't that difficult on paper, the orbs that spawn under you are the killers, slow to react and touch one of those and you lose your shield, any reasonable damage after that and your dead, generally people will die as they have no shield and thereafter have to soak a puddle, so its a case of moving quickly when one spawns under you and tiptoeing around all the rest while still trying to soak puddles.

Genuinely, ranged, if you have very high latency or really slow reactions, you'll find this fight really hard.

Hunter Tips:

If the add spawns under you, disengage away from it (careful not to just jump into orbs), should go to the tank but MD in any case just to be sure.

Don't use deterrence until the 2nd boss phase, with no debuff you can start to soak orbs to clear the area.

Note: This goes for all player with damage mitigation. Clear as much as you can, if you don't its almost impossible to navigate around the multitude of orbs.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Amazone

Post by Amazone »

Thanks, and the video sais all those kind of cds should be on second boss phase btw

Edit PS Biz, had great fun with using disengage with add underneath me.
Turned out that turning before disengage is a very good idea.
We practiced until break wiping of course but some things also went alright for the progress.
If we would just stay alive :D
ImageImage
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

Handle the green spheres - that's the secret. If they spawn on you, you'll die early.

I had real trouble on this until last night when I realised (late and stupidly) that the green spheres are preceded by black/white sha-type swirls. So if you see one of those on you, move instantly.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Erian wrote:Handle the green spheres - that's the secret. If they spawn on you, you'll die early.

I had real trouble on this until last night when I realised (late and stupidly) that the green spheres are preceded by black/white sha-type swirls. So if you see one of those on you, move instantly.
This ^^.
I have my camera face down for almost all of this fight, boss doesn't go anywhere so all I need to concentrate on is what's under my feet.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Nephesh
GM [Retired]

Post by Nephesh »

Erian wrote:Handle the green spheres - that's the secret. If they spawn on you, you'll die early.

This sir, is one fantastic practical idea! Thanks for sharing :).

Just qurious about two parts.
If someone clears a number of orbs, is this really painfull and does is it need some extra healer support or can it be handled with a personal defensive cd?
And second part.. Those adds that spawn, are they easily killable?

-

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

Posted by Neph: Just qurious about two parts. If someone clears a number of orbs, is this really painfull and does is it need some extra healer support or can it be handled with a personal defensive cd?
And second part.. Those adds that spawn, are they easily killable?
Just heal your butts off in Blood Rage and head back to the normal phase. But before we leave Blood Rage, its time to talk some other strategy points. The most critical one seems to be dealing with the abundance of bubbles all over the room. Blood rage is one of those times where you can clear up a lot of the bubbles. During the normal phase, even if you use a personal cooldown to reduce the damage, popping bubbles can be a dangerous affair unless you have a cooldown that is a complete immunity. Paladins and rogues have this but like my hunter’s deterrence will still have me taking some damage from popping a bubble. Except during Blood Rage, things seem to work a bit more properly during that phase.

Thus you want to plan on sending a couple people out to clear the room out. Even better if those people have speed boosts such as engineering rocket boots or whatever. Shadow priests with dispersion, hunters with deterrence, rogues, pallys, all make good bubble poppers. Just be sure to not go too crazy if you get into a cluster of bubbles. If your Blood Rage strategy is to have tanks solo soaking the cleave, you can have everyone in the raid chip in with popping bubbles as there is no other raid damage going out. Healers will be focused on the tanks, but popping your personal cooldown and clearing 3 or 4 bubbles would not be unheard of for every class. Again, it depends on your strategy so slice this up however you want to. But ideally you want the room fairly clear once you reset into the 2nd normal phase.
from http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php? ... r-Malkorok

So, in short, yes. Essentially what the orb does is remove ALL of your shield then cause you 150K (I think) damage. Then the healers have to spam you up to full shield again or you are useless, so not to be taken lightly.

The adds have about 1,000,000 HP I understand- they are a royal pain in the proverbial and need to be taunted by tanks so as not to slow the range (a real inconvenience when you are trying to avoid AoE or run towards a void zone!) then ranged can take them out easily.
Tsumecho

Post by Tsumecho »

Bump for people to watch prior to Sunday
Meow.

Amazone

Post by Amazone »

Too bad rocket boots have been nerfed to a cd shared with potions......
Before we had this tactic with me popping deterrence and rocket boots. Not advisable anymore I think, or only possible once.
ImageImage