[accepted] Snugglepuss - Druid, Restoration

If you want to join <Easy> to raid, look here and fill the application template
Xiluva
Officer

Re: [Trial] Snugglepuss - 70 Resto Shammy

Post by Xiluva » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:02 pm

Snuggle is saying he intends to have some fun with an enhancement spec in some next karazhan run(s). ;)

Focus and gear collection will stay on resto spec, I think. I hope.
Xipoca / Altura / Bruma / Vespula / Xiluva / Elania / Morbia

Snugglepuss

Post by Snugglepuss » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:52 am

Yep Xil.

Just to clarify, I currently have 1929 bonus healing and 141 MP5 while casting (excluding 50 mp5 from water shield), and over 7.5k health and 9.5k mana (unbuffed). I have come 2nd to Shari on the healing meters in almost all the raids I've been in so far. Also, be.imba.hu ranks my gear as BT ready, and it is a conservative measure. Perhaps you were looking at an old cache of my armory profile Bag?

I have been working extremely hard to improve my resto gear since joining Easy (and will continue to). I have been helped a great deal by several people including Preds and Herek (thanks guys so much). After tonight's Kara I should have 60 badges for another resto gear upgrade.
Last edited by Snugglepuss on Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hammerwharf
Friend

Post by Hammerwharf » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:53 am

Healing meters mean nothing without putting them in context.
Towards, Down, Down Towards, Punch

Fungi

Post by Fungi » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:54 am

Damage meters is where the shizzle is at ! .... <coughs> ... anyhow.. Hammer is right ofcourse. You can spam chainheals at the melee group on MH trash and you'll easily get top 3 :)

A.
If you want to be have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !

Snugglepuss

Post by Snugglepuss » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:59 am

They still give an indication of how much I am healing overall, but not how well I am healing (emergency situations, boss fights). Meters on boss fights are probably more indicative. Anyway, my point was that the meters look ok. If I was doing 5% of the healing, there would be a problem.

Don't be jealous of chain heal on trash now :P

Hammerwharf
Friend

Post by Hammerwharf » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:01 am

August 18th Boss fights only- you come last on healing.

You can manipulate heal meters.
Towards, Down, Down Towards, Punch

Fungi

Post by Fungi » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:06 am

This is starting to look more and more like a discussion, so might want to throw in out of the public forums if you'd like to continue this though. I know next to nothing of healing and gearing up is what you did well and should continue to do if you can :) The improvement in stats over the last 2 weeks is great and I wish I improved like that every 2 weeks.

A.
If you want to be have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !

Bagheeris

Post by Bagheeris » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:38 am

Hello Snuggle,

Yeah i may have been looking at an old cache, checked wow armory right now and you successfully managed the 2 upgrades i considered as priority. Personally i can say i really appreciate the effort you put in your gearing up and wish you to keep the good work.

However ... (y'know there's always a "but") ...

Majority of your gear still comes from Karazan. That's T4 content. Admittedly some gear, most notably the weapon, is T6-equivalent. I don't care what be.imba says, you are not ready for Sunwell. IMO your gear is sufficient (but barely) for T6 content which we are currently raiding.

About healing meters - i can show you a bossfight where i did almost as much healing as the 2nd and 3rd healer combined, does that mean i'm such a star and others are n00bs? Surely not. Healing meters are so much influenced by the character of the fight and the assignment. Remember that healer's role is to keep people alive, not dish out max healing.

Nevertheless, i'm personally positive about both your performance and progress and wish you all the best and hope to see you promoted to full Easy member soon.

Snugglepuss

Post by Snugglepuss » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:59 pm

Cool, glad thats cleared up. I agree with you totally about Sunwell and BT, but I hope my play style takes advantage of my gear as much as possible ;-) Still learning a lot about this healing business, but you guys are the right people to learn from from what I've seen. Been a very positive experience so far.