[declined] Tike - Mage, Arcane

If you want to join <Easy> to raid, look here and fill the application template
Tike

[declined] Tike - Mage, Arcane

Post by Tike » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:43 pm

1. What's your race, class, level, name.
Gnome, Mage, 70, Tike
2. Why did you pick this combination of race and class?
Gnome rocks and played human a lot already and I chose mage because I like to do some nice damage.
3. What's the best thing about your character?
It has good gear and good dps.
4. What do you want from Easy?
Some nice raiding to upgrade my gear and just a good time
5. What have you got to offer?
My loyalty, alchemy skills and helping out in raids.
6. Are you willing to play by easy standards and according to easy rules?
Yes
7. What is your experience in Wow?
I have cleared kara and Gruul, did ZA and SSC.
Do you have any other characters? If so, tell us something about them please.
a 70 undead priest on Laughing Skull and my 2 highest alts on LB are a 56 Nelf hunter and 44 human warrior.
8. How many evenings do you play in a week and from when to when (approximately)?
Most of the time im on every day but for raiding in the evening best days are wednesday and friday.
9. Have you been in other guilds? Yes, i have been in Hollandse bende, Paragon, Ocularis Infernum.
10. What is your age? 17
11. Can you understand spoken English well? Do you have ventrilo, do you have a mic? Yes i understand and speak english fluently, i have teamspeak and a microphone.
12. Which heroics keys do you have? What is the link to your armory profile? I have all heroic keys, and my link to the armory is http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... ger&n=Tike
13. What are the names of your alts on lightbringer, so that we can contact you? most of the time i'm on Tike or Shadés

Greetings Tike :D

Fungi

Re: Arcane/Fire Mage

Post by Fungi » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:32 pm

Hello Tike,

I've checked your armory to see what kinda gear you have and what choices you made in your talents. You're an arcane/fire mage and you're hit-rating is pretty much ok for your arcane spells, but you're 70 hit-rating short for your fire-spells. "Okay.. so he probably uses arcane spells a lot", I told myself. What really boggled me about your build is that you only have 1/3 for Arcane Impact (which arguably is one of THE talents to max out if you're using arcane spells primarily). Anyway, you might want to take a look at it and re-evaluate your talentchoices a bit.

Good luck with your app though,

A.
If you want to be have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !

Thawte

Post by Thawte » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:41 pm

If you give us an idea of your normal spell rotation on bosses we could help you out on maximizing your damage. At first glance though with your gear you'd be better off with a deep frost/deep fire build AFTER you get some more +hit, arcane is tricky to play because the rotations are more complicated and only really comes into its own with the 2xT5 bonus.
SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!

Tike

Post by Tike » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:27 am

Well I actually use fire spells a lot more then arcane, in the past I used to have a deep fire build, but now I chose for arcane because of it boosting my spell and crit damage and increasing intellect. I agree on the short of hit rating part, been trying to improve it, but I've bin unlucky so far with drops.

Mirari

Post by Mirari » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:05 pm

I think Thawte wants to know your spell rotation, maybe you can write it down to check what can be changed according to your build or maybe changing your build. That's what Thawte is asking for.
But fact is that you'll need to work on your spell hit rating first anyway since that is the very basic of every mage.

Erian

Post by Erian » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:55 pm

Hi Tike.

Thanks for your application. Unfortunately we don't have a spot for you at the moment.

Best wishes from Easy.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.