Urlokaifinn

[declined] Urlokaifinn-Druid/Bewmkin

Postby Urlokaifinn » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:37 pm

Title to state "Toon Name, Class, & Spec"

1. ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER
    1. Character name: Urlokaifinn-Mazrigos
    2. Class: Druid
    3. Mainspec: Bewmkin
    4. Offspec (do you actively play your offspec and do you have any experience raiding with your offspec?): Yes, I play my offspec, and it is Guardian. No I'm very bad tank, very bad.
    5. Battletag: Finn#2623
    6. Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... inn/simple
  2. ABOUT YOU
    1. Name: Finn
    2. Age (approximately): 7
    3. Country: U.K
    4. Tell us something about yourself (hobbies or anything else you want to share with us) Hey.
  3. EXPERIENCE & RAIDING
    1. Why do you like playing this specific class and spec? Cause I do the big boy dps.
    2. What class/role specific resources do you read or use to improve your gameplay? (websites, blogs, etc) IcyVeins, and pretty much anything that has the information I'm looking for (from a verified source).
    3. What is your previous raiding experience? I started raiding in MoP, and cleared full heroic SoO with my guild on the horde. In WoD, I've progressed all through HC HFC multiple times :) (13/13HC xp).
    4. We raid on Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon from 21:00 to 23:30 server time. How many raids do you expect to attend per week? Yes. ;D
  4. EASY
    1. Why did you choose to apply to Easy? Cause my friends abandoned me :(
    2. Do you have any friends in Easy? Yeah they left me to come 'ere xD
    3. Have you been in other guilds and if so, why are you no longer in these guilds? Yep, I was in a horde guild on Ragnaros server and was the RL for our HC raiding team, and we disbanded after clearing HC and because of the lack of content. In WoD, I've spent my time progressing with an alliance guild, Murlocs Stole my Candle, and progressed with the raid team to 12/13 HC.

Erian
Raid Leader

Re: Urlokaifinn-Druid/Bewmkin

Postby Erian » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:09 pm

I'm afraid we already have a ranged dps druid in our raiding team. Plus, he can spell Boom and count past 7 on a good day.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.

Urlokaifinn

Postby Urlokaifinn » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:24 pm

Hey man, thanks for the reply ^^
I hope you understand that half of my application was purely satire, and I also hope you realise raid compositions can have 2 of the same spec without the whole raid being disadvantaged? :P
On the other hand, if you honestly deny my application that's up to you :)
Have a nice day.

PS: Bewmkin 4ever

Rotkwa
Officer

Postby Rotkwa » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:54 pm

Hi there.

The satire bit is obvious, indeed, so we have not percieved this as a real application. If you want to ammend that impression feel free to try again.

Otherwise, have a nice day yourself :).

Urlokaifinn

Postby Urlokaifinn » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:08 pm

Thanks for your response, Rotkwa.
If you've spent the time to read through my application, you must have realised I have replied what is needed for all the non personal questions:
My raiding experience, my past guilds, raid times, and all non personal questions have been awnsered with serious awnsers. On the other hand, questions that have a non-direct link to applying for raiding (AKA hobbies?) I refained from awnsering for the information isn't crucial for applying to a raid team.
I'm not saying im some freak that's all about keeping my personal information, I just felt like adding a bit of humour to the application. And obviously, based on your responses, you handle humour pretty badly. If you seriously require me to re-make an application, that can happen, but I think it's a wee bit illogical :)
Again, thank you for your response :)

Erian
Raid Leader

Postby Erian » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:14 pm

Many of us have been in this guild 10 years, so to us it's more like a family, and we like to know something about the people we might let into the family. In addition, we have tended to find that effort put into an application is a good indicator of how much effort that person will then put into raiding as well as subsequent fit with our guild ethos. This might make us to seem to be a guild of old farts, but we're comfortable with that.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.

Urlokaifinn

Postby Urlokaifinn » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:54 pm

Thanks for the eloquent and logic answer ^^
As a former GM, I completely understand your point of view, but filling in a standard application about hobbies and such never gives you a good impression on the person you're inviting: That's determined by their actions, not some long text they spent ages thinking about to make a good impression just so they get invited. And i'm also aware that, through this thread, I come across as some arrogant teenager that wouldn't take a guild seriously.
Now after saying all that, if you want me to write up a respectable application, I'm willing to do just that :)

Rublupine

Postby Rublupine » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:07 pm

Erian wrote:I'm afraid we already have a ranged dps druid in our raiding team. Plus, he can spell Boom and count past 7 on a good day.

I'm taking this as a compliment of both my Boomkin and my Arcane Mage prowess. In both cases I actually only count to 5, and that's mostly to factor in a button for a cooldown! I suppose the extra digits could be useful for Legion...

:)

Templaar
Guild Master

Postby Templaar » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:11 pm

Hi Urlo,

As "funny" as the application is, we can't take this as a credible application. If you seriously want to apply, please complete the form properly. Otherwise, we'll decline this application as it doesn't look as if you'll be a good match to our guild. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but its up to you to convince us otherwise :)

T.
Your dungeon is full of yoghurt.

Return to “Applications - Raiders”