Valerya

Valerya Ele(/Resto) Shaman

Post by Valerya »

Title to state "Toon Name, Class, & Spec"
  1. ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER
    1. Character name: Valerya
    2. Class: Shaman
    3. Mainspec: Elemental
    4. Offspec (do you actively play your offspec and do you have any experience raiding with your offspec?): Restoration, I have some pug raiding experience but not a lot. I have raiding experience as other healers, mostly as holy paladin / mistweaver monk in previous expansions.
    5. Battletag: Louis#2884
    6. Armory link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... er/valerya
  2. ABOUT YOU
    1. Name: Louis
    2. Age (approximately): 22
    3. Country: The Netherlands
    4. Tell us something about yourself (hobbies or anything else you want to share with us)
      I study Computer Science at the Technical University of Delft. Finished my bachelor degree a couple of months ago and just started my master. I play football every Saturday in a friends team, we're not great but we like to play :D. Other game that I play right now is Heroes of the Storm.
  3. EXPERIENCE & RAIDING
    1. Why do you like playing this specific class and spec? I play a lot of classes and always have a hard time choosing which to invest time in. As my main I prefer a class that has a tank or healing spec since it makes getting stuff done just so much easier. I like the elemental shaman because it's a fast paced gameplay that shoots out projectiles rapidly. I just love bursting during the pull of a fight when I can just spam lava burst with the haste buffs.
    2. What class/role specific resources do you read or use to improve your gameplay? (websites, blogs, etc) I usually start of reading up on icy-veins when I want to play a spec. I see this as a good starting point to just get playing. When im comfortable I then join the discord class channels and look at the available resources there. These are mostly more in-deep guides (like https://www.stormearthandlava.com/ele for elemental). In the discord there's also guides for which trinkets / legendaries to use. Finally, when my gear is good enough and I have multiple options, I use raidbots to sim myself and see which items I should equip.
    3. What is your previous raiding experience? I have been playing WoW for almost 10 years now. Since cataclysm I think I have cleared all raids on normal difficulty (or their equivalent in the older systems). Since WoD introduced Mythic I cleared most raids on heroic. I have been playing several classes over the years, mostly maining a holy paladin, frost/blood dk and a hunter. A lot of this raiding has been in pugs and although I have been in guilds from time to time, most of the raids I do were pugs, since I always raid whenever I want to and not really specific times.
    4. We raid on Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon from 21:00 to 23:30 server time. How many raids do you expect to attend per week? I am planning on attending on Sunday and Monday at least. Wednesday and Thursday I usually do sports but with the winter coming I might skip out on a few and join a raid.
  4. EASY
    1. Why did you choose to apply to Easy? I searched wowprogress for all guilds that have at least 9/9 hc cleared. For all these I looked at their raiding times. Since Lightbringer isn't that crowded the choice was not that big. I choose to apply to Easy because of the raid times and because it looks like a nice, long lasting community in which I hope to make some friends.
    2. Do you have any friends in Easy? No
    3. Have you been in other guilds and if so, why are you no longer in these guilds? Not really for the last year(s). I have been in guilds but have not raided with them.
Rotkwa

Re: Valerya Ele(/Resto) Shaman

Post by Rotkwa »

Hi Valerya,

thanks for applying. We’ll reply here soon.
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

Nice app, good luck with it. We have been around a long time, and we have a variety of membership, so we tend to proceed happily like the tortoise rather than crossly like the hare. Are you comfortable with that?
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Amazone

Post by Amazone »

Hallo there,

I found an error in your app.

it sais:
''I study Computer Science at the Technical University of Delft''

it should have been
''I study Computer Science at Delft University of Technology"

the second one is official since the first one is a kromme direct translation from Dutch, simply bad English, but it with fits better with the TUD logo.
Of course i know because I studied there also and at that time it was decided they should go with the proper English '' Delft University of Technology""
and then just change the websites and everything.

Now i don't hope this error reduces the chances of your app :lol: It looks pretty good and there is all kinds of smart people graduating from that place. even if I say so myself :lol: :oops:

Good luck with your app!
ImageImage
Rotkwa

Post by Rotkwa »

Hi again,
please contact any of the officers (Thesis/Templaar/Rotkwa) in game to arrange a test run. We're most likely to be found online after 18 server time.
Ramael

Post by Ramael »

Nice application, good luck on your test run. :)
Battletag: Seb#22308