Valerya Ele(/Resto) Shaman
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:51 pm
Title to state "Toon Name, Class, & Spec"
- ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER
- Character name: Valerya
- Class: Shaman
- Mainspec: Elemental
- Offspec (do you actively play your offspec and do you have any experience raiding with your offspec?): Restoration, I have some pug raiding experience but not a lot. I have raiding experience as other healers, mostly as holy paladin / mistweaver monk in previous expansions.
- Battletag: Louis#2884
- Armory link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... er/valerya
- ABOUT YOU
- Name: Louis
- Age (approximately): 22
- Country: The Netherlands
- Tell us something about yourself (hobbies or anything else you want to share with us)
I study Computer Science at the Technical University of Delft. Finished my bachelor degree a couple of months ago and just started my master. I play football every Saturday in a friends team, we're not great but we like to play . Other game that I play right now is Heroes of the Storm.
- EXPERIENCE & RAIDING
- Why do you like playing this specific class and spec? I play a lot of classes and always have a hard time choosing which to invest time in. As my main I prefer a class that has a tank or healing spec since it makes getting stuff done just so much easier. I like the elemental shaman because it's a fast paced gameplay that shoots out projectiles rapidly. I just love bursting during the pull of a fight when I can just spam lava burst with the haste buffs.
- What class/role specific resources do you read or use to improve your gameplay? (websites, blogs, etc) I usually start of reading up on icy-veins when I want to play a spec. I see this as a good starting point to just get playing. When im comfortable I then join the discord class channels and look at the available resources there. These are mostly more in-deep guides (like https://www.stormearthandlava.com/ele for elemental). In the discord there's also guides for which trinkets / legendaries to use. Finally, when my gear is good enough and I have multiple options, I use raidbots to sim myself and see which items I should equip.
- What is your previous raiding experience? I have been playing WoW for almost 10 years now. Since cataclysm I think I have cleared all raids on normal difficulty (or their equivalent in the older systems). Since WoD introduced Mythic I cleared most raids on heroic. I have been playing several classes over the years, mostly maining a holy paladin, frost/blood dk and a hunter. A lot of this raiding has been in pugs and although I have been in guilds from time to time, most of the raids I do were pugs, since I always raid whenever I want to and not really specific times.
- We raid on Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon from 21:00 to 23:30 server time. How many raids do you expect to attend per week? I am planning on attending on Sunday and Monday at least. Wednesday and Thursday I usually do sports but with the winter coming I might skip out on a few and join a raid.
- Why did you choose to apply to Easy? I searched wowprogress for all guilds that have at least 9/9 hc cleared. For all these I looked at their raiding times. Since Lightbringer isn't that crowded the choice was not that big. I choose to apply to Easy because of the raid times and because it looks like a nice, long lasting community in which I hope to make some friends.
- Do you have any friends in Easy? No
- Have you been in other guilds and if so, why are you no longer in these guilds? Not really for the last year(s). I have been in guilds but have not raided with them.