Post by Calendil 2.0 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:04 am

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER
Character name:
Calendil

Class:
Druid

Mainspec:
Balance

Offspec (do you actively play your offspec and do you have any experience raiding with your offspec?):
Guardian, kiiindaaa. I don't use it much, but I tanked off/alt-raids up to and including ICC HC10 when it was current

Battletag:
ReLiC#2108

Armory link:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... r/Calendil

I'm aware that I currently don't have enchants/gems/etc. I only came back to Wow 2 weeks ago after a 5 year hiatus*, and I wasn't planning to raid until the expansion hit, since I had so much levelling to do and content to try to clear, so it would have just been wasted gold.

* I used to be an Easy member but, apart from Fungi, I don't know whether anyone would remember me.

ABOUT YOU
Name:
Rob

Age (approximately):

UK

Tell us something about yourself (hobbies or anything else you want to share with us)
I like adopting the environment and conserving small children.

I play a lot of games. I'm registered disabled (neurological) so I spend a lot of time indoors, and am usually on the PC (and currently, that time is mostly being spent playing catch-up in WoW)

EXPERIENCE & RAIDING
Why do you like playing this specific class and spec?
I've always been primarily a ranged character. I just like being far away form the action, where I might get hurt. I was a Hunter from vanilla up until Naxx 2.0. Calendil has been my main since then, but I have a smattering of other alts, nearly all of whom are also ranged DPS.

As for why Boomkin, how could I not? Just look at the freakish little fella.

What class/role specific resources do you read or use to improve your gameplay? (websites, blogs, etc)
I'm more of an experiential learner than someone who's good at the book-learnin'. As far as research goes, I tend to check what the current Spec of the Month is, and anything else is learnt 'on the job'.

What is your previous raiding experience?
MC40 through T4W, all while current. I was in the guild that got the Lightbringer realm first for HC Valkyr Twins (I've long forgotten the name. It's years of not playing WoW ago.)

We raid on Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon from 21:00 to 23:30 server time. How many raids do you expect to attend per week?
The only one that might be an issue would be the Sunday evening one. I don't have many constraints on my time, so I'm likely to be on most nights, even if there's no raid happening.

EASY
Why did you choose to apply to Easy?
I bumped into Fungi in Freehold, and he remembered me. I'd been thinking about joining a guild for BfA, so it seemed like a natural choice.

Do you have any friends in Easy?
Fungi is probably the closest thing, but I don't have any actual friends in Easy.

Have you been in other guilds and if so, why are you no longer in these guilds?
I used to be in a couple of other guilds. I know I left one due to raid burnout at the end of Cata but, apart from that, the reasons for leaving are lost in the mists of the past. I went Hordeside briefly and then quit after trying the Pandaria beta.

Erian

Re: Calendil - Balance Druid

Post by Erian » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:12 pm

I remember you :) welcome back
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.

Emesis

Post by Emesis » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:10 pm

Since you've gotten that old I guess your memory is starting to fade. That's alright, I forgive you.
The name of the guild you've forgotten is Gathering, which we raided in together a long time ago. In addition to that realm first I remember we had a bunch of alliance first that expansion. If my memory serves me right I think you also had a short stint in Easy maybe in 2010 or 11.
Anyways, great guy and good player. Hope you guys find room for him. (as usual Easy is very crowded at the start of a new expansion).

Emesis

Vitki

Post by Vitki » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:48 pm

I'm older than you and yet I remember you well...a good raider and nice guy. :)

I hope to be raiding alongside you again and in case your memory still fails... I'm the one in the dress. :lol:

Calendil 2.0

Post by Calendil 2.0 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:38 pm

Hey Erian, Emesis, Vitki.

I recognise all your names, which surprises me. My memory's better than I gave it credit for.

Yes, Em. Gathering is the one. I did have that name in mind, but I thought I was mixing up my fantasy franchises.

I'm shocked, but pleased, that there are this many familiar faces still around. Hope to see some of you around in BfA, even if I'm not successful with this application. :)

Tan
Officer

Post by Tan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:44 am

Hi Calendil,

nice to have you back in Easy :)

Since it's been a while you've been with us, you'll have to undergo a full trial to get the Raider status.
If you haven't already, please read the latest changes for the new xpac, including details on your trial here!

Poke an /o when you're online for the invite!
Image Image
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis

Mehetabel

Post by Mehetabel » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:13 pm

Of course we remember you! Welcome back! :D

Calendil 2.0

Post by Calendil 2.0 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:23 am

Tan wrote:If you haven't already, please read the latest changes for the new xpac, including details on your trial here!
I can't access that quite yet. My old account still exists on here, but I don't have access to the email address that I made it with, and I have no idea what the password was. I've sent a message to the website admin to see if I can get it back.

Tan
Officer

Post by Tan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:38 am

Fixed!
Image Image
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis

Calendil
Test Member

Post by Calendil » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:39 am

Hellooo

Does this post qualify as talking to myself?