Rated Battle Grounds (Shadowlands)

A place to laugh about Thawte's lolspec...
Liria

Rated Battle Grounds (Shadowlands)

Post by Liria »

Okay people. Would anyone be up for trying RBGs once again?
We have several guildies doing some PvP these days, so I'm starting to think it might be possible to get a full group going. Or at least a substantial part of it and pug the missing ones.
Some of you are already doing RBGs and might be reluctant to lose their rating and that's fine. On the other hand season 2 starts soon-ish so it's actually not a bad moment to try, even if we lose some.

For anyone not actively doing PvP, but wanting to try: you need versatility on your gear, and 2 pvp trinkets (they significantly increase gains from vers). The more vesatility the better. Of course don't go exhanging a 220 ilvl item without vers for a 200 ilvl one that has it.

Any takers? I'll edit this post as we go. So far we have:

HEALERS:
- Liria H (discipline priest)
- Garfunkle H (discipline priest)
- Erian H (restoration druid)

TANK:
- Amazone T (guardian druid)

MELEE DPS:
- Thawte D (windwalker monk)
- Kossian D (retribution paladin)
- Gladion D (arms warrior)

RANGED DPS:
- Rotkwa D (destruction warlock)
- Blind D (fire mage)
- Rahal D (marksmanship hunter)

I'm anticipating we would all need some time to maybe switch some gear/get ready so I'd suggest trying to get a group around 13-14 March, so two weeks from now. If there's any interest of course.
Thawte

Re: Rated Battle Grounds (Shadowlands)

Post by Thawte »

I'm trying to push rating on Thawte at the moment but am toying with the idea of having a proper go at PvP with Munkey, WW monks are strong atm and first glance at patch notes suggest that will continue to be the case after 9.05. Need vers gear, might have be able to put something reasonable together by mid March.

I've joined a few relatively competent RBG pugs recently using voice and it's a different animal entirely to raids, should be fun :lol:
SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK
pandademon

Post by pandademon »

What rating do i need to get the classic armour?! Is that achievable? For this will decide my answer lol
Amazone

Post by Amazone »

I am not a dedicted pvp player at the moment. But I would like to play some more pvp with friends.
can bring:

Amazone mm
(ilvl 218 vers is 427 (10%/5%) need to work on that
only got 1 low basic pvp trinket, so need to get the other one, but they are much lower then what I have)
EDIT trinket problem fixed, but not the vers problem (12,5%).

Anduviel resto/guardian
(ilvl 209, vers 480 (12%/6%) one trinket problem here too)
EDIT trinket problem solved and vers risen to 17%

my problem with pvp is have been spreading too much on toons to gear them up.

What toon would you like me to focus on for pvp? do we need more healers?
Will get a lvl 1 trinket on both toons, but for upgrading it will help if I can focus on a toon.

P.S. considering gearing for pvp, it will be easier on my druid since i have much higher prio on vers for pve
ImageImage
Garfunkle

Post by Garfunkle »

I'm definitely up for it.

I have a plethora of healers and a fire mage, all with varying amounts of pvp gear.

Monterey (Resto Shaman); iLevel 200; 23% Versatility
Asimov (Holy Paladin); iLevel 191; 21% Versatility
Orwell (Disc Priest); iLevel 190; 20% Versatility
Garfunkle (Fire Mage); iLevel 178; 13% Versatility
Thoreau (Resto Druid); iLevel 174; 18% Versatility

Similar to Ama (and regularly pointed out to me by Liria), I have spread myself quite thin on toons. My preference would probably be Monterey, Orwell, or Garf (with a possible slight lead for Orwell). That's the three that I'm focusing mostly on at the moment and spamming lots of BGs to improve my gear.
Garfunkle has been slain by a Chubby Purple Unicorn.
Thawte

Post by Thawte »

pandademon wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:47 pm What rating do i need to get the classic armour?! Is that achievable? For this will decide my answer lol
What do you mean by classic armour Panda?

Honour gear can be upgraded up to 197 just using infinitely farmable honour, much like covenant gear with anima. This is your starting point for a vers set outside of pve.

For conquest gear (the sexy stuff) the rating requiremnts for ilvls are as follows:
1400 - 207
1600 - 213
1800 - 220
2100 - 226
2400 - 232 (weapons only)

Your highest rating from either 2vs2, 3vs3 or RBGs is used when upgrading conquest gear. You use conquest to purchase the gear and honour to upgrade it, to the max ilvl your rating allows.

I'm finding it pretty rough out there after 1500, so don't get your hopes up :lol:
SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK
Thawte

Post by Thawte »

A note on the versatility stat in BGs for those who are unaware - there is a set bonus for using any (I think) combination of the pvp trinkets that increases the damage and healing benefits you receive from vers in a pvp environment by 40% - so 10% becomes 14%, 20% becomes 28%, etc. This makes vers by far the most juicy and valuable stat to stack. Decent PUGs won't even look at you without >20%, so consider this when building a pvp gear set, rolling for drops or picking from your weekly vault.

The honour/conquest rings and amulets are particularly heavy on vers so a good starting point for gearing. Of course plenty of vers drops exist in the pve world as well.
SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK
kossian
Officer

Post by kossian »

I have interest.

Will bring my main kossian melee ret pala
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

If I were to level a toon to do this, what would that toon be?
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Liria

Post by Liria »

Amazone:
We need one tank, so druid is a great choice. Hunter wouldn't be bad either, we could use more ranged dps.
You already have some versatility so that's good. Getting trinkets is a must, and maybe take into account what Thawte said and swap rings and neck because they give the highest amount of vers. There are people running BGs practically everyday (Glad, Garf, me) so you're very welcome to join us in order to farm some honour :)

Erian:
So I didn't put you off of PvP for life after all? :D
I would say any healer. Discipline priests and holy paladins are probably the best this season (from what I've seen) but any will do. So far we only have Garf on the priest. I can also bring a healer but I think it would be better to have at least one rogue.
Healers are the most popular target for the enemies so I would strongly recommend getting at least 20% versatility, as Thawte said. Aside from increasing healing done it also reduces damage taken, so it's a must if you don't want to die too fast.