Expansion news

Spam!!
Elihm
Raid Leader

Re: Expansion news

Post by Elihm »

Pre-pre-patch quest is up today, legendaries get a huge power boost! Breadcrumb when log in.

For me it's worth an additional 4.56% hp and 3.75% int (on average) so that's three-quarters of a mythic raider, one Vantus rune, or fifteen augmented runes :D. Antorus mythic bosses are getting nervous.

Also the mage tower NPC is supposed to be permanently available now but isn't on EU. I expect that will be fixed quickly and we will have the three remaining weeks before probable pre-patch to do any more of the challenges.
Mehetabel

Post by Mehetabel »

This is going to be nice for the alts, especially the ones I haven't done class hall campaigns/class mount quests on yet.

Also, just to mention, if you have alts that haven't done much content, the breadcrumb quest you get when you log in sends you to Stormwind rather than straight to Silithus, as it seems you have to do the initial Silithus quests for Magni first.
ArrZarr

Post by ArrZarr »

Looks like I timed my pre-pre-patch reinstall just right then :D
Hellish

Post by Hellish »

Blizzard at its best, whats the point of making something "challenging" if you're going to make it so easy that literally everyone's grandma can get it in a day after you hit 110. Took me like 100+ pulls at 910 to even get close to a kill only to find out i couldve done it now and get the same reward.
"If i was meant to be controlled, i would have come with a remote"

ArrZarr

Post by ArrZarr »

For practical purposes, the mage tower received a massive nerf when TOS and ABT were released considering how much stronger gear was available - you can now get gear equivalent to MY NH from LFR. Maxing out concordance is inconsequential comparatively.
Mehetabel

Post by Mehetabel »

Hellish wrote:Blizzard at its best, whats the point of making something "challenging" if you're going to make it so easy that literally everyone's grandma can get it in a day after you hit 110. Took me like 100+ pulls at 910 to even get close to a kill only to find out i couldve done it now and get the same reward.
Do you mean the mage tower? Blizzard said right from the start that they intended people to eventually out-gear it so it got easier. I saw that on several blue posts when it was first released. :)
Hellish

Post by Hellish »

Hahaha, shows what i know, barely read blue posts, or anything wow related except class info.

Either way its no secret im not a huge fan of making compromises to the games difficulty for the people that dont get to play that often or very casually.
Theres plenty to do for those people and very very little for those that are looking for something a bit more challenging.. theres already a chance on titanforged gear thats higher than standard mythic raid gear and way too much other crap which makes it nearly impossible to stand out when you invest alot of time in the game. Remember when you proudly walked around with your non tmogged hc 25 man gear and people would know you must be a decent player(or bought account) :D i really miss those times!

Smitetor

Post by Smitetor »

whilst i totally agree with you hellish, i also know that if i want to keep playing a game that it has to appeal to the wide player base not just you top 10% of players, as a game which such high kill caps don't make it to 20 years.

I do think blizzard have gone oh dear we made gearing way to easy as get gear higher than the current mythic raid content for a world quest got silly, this is why blizzard have said TF will be 6x rarer meaning getting Mythic gear from LFR is something like 6000000 to one due to the number of times it needs to reroll and go up currently it some like 600 to 1.

Also they are looking at rewarding difficult things within a season, EG M+ season 1 +15, M+ season 2 +15 same for there solo content and pvp stuff.

I think this way of doing it allows that same level of delayed access but will reward the cutting edge players too hopefully finding a nice working compromise that everyone gets something from.
Hellish

Post by Hellish »

Looking at Warlords of draenor though, there was CM which never got nerfed pre legion,nor could you outgear it.
Thats the content im looking for, sure we have m+ and leaderboards for that, but the ingame reward for it is somewhat lacking knowing you can basically 4 man a 15 (max reward) and still get it in time.

It'll probably get better in BfA, i remember someone saying you get points for making it into the top of the leaderboards each week? if thats the case you have something to aim for, hopefully with rewarding tmog items or something else special.

ArrZarr

Post by ArrZarr »

It's worth mentioning, Hellish, that while titanforging isn't going away (as much as I wish it was), the chance of gear to get ilvl upgrades will be reduced.

It's felt to me that BfA is intended to be an evolution rather than the revolution that Legion was. World quests and M+ were huge deals when they were introduced*. Blizzard are also looking a lot further into the future than the next expac and it feels like they're trying to build a platform for the next ten years or so.

*For all that challenge modes were a good system, when I got mine, it became clear that dropping ilvl was a balancing nightmare and that singular, small aspect of the game required its own gear sets which is something Blizzard appears to be against - you may not be aware of this yet but check out the new rules on gear swapping in M+.