[BWD] Atramedes

Blackwing's Descent, Throne of the Four Winds, Bastion of Twilight.
Fungi

Re: [BWD] Atramedes

Post by Fungi »

How to do this fight, Fungi style:

1) Dragon is pulled -> pew pew pew.
2) Unavoidable AoE -> pew pew pew.
3) Sonic circles heading my way -> strafe left/right, check if I should click a lightwell -> pew instants while strafing.
4) Sonic Breath
-a) Dragon aims away from me -> pew pew pew
-b) Dragon aims at me -> OMG ... move, screw the rest of the members... he's after me.
-c) Dragon aims near me -> strafe left/right a couple of steps till I see what side the flame is moving. If away from me -> pew pew pew. If towards me -> run with it pew'ing instants.
5) Airphase -> pew pew
6) Oh noes.. circle on me... move while pew'ing instants
7) Oh yes ... no circle on me ... pew pew pew
8) Oh noes ... FIRE BEAM OF DEATH ON ME .... run around screaming like a little girl (usually not spamming instants cause I'm crying like a baby).

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Arasinya

Post by Arasinya »

You make the fight sound so simple Fungi...
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

This boss isn't hard. Seriously, it's not. I did one try where I called out everything DBM was throwing in my face. This means I actually have to move my hand from my 'cast buttons' to my push-to-talk button (or from my mouse to my push-to-talk button). The fact that I STILL topped the meters on that try means that either people are just not getting it (or that I'm superawesome and overgeared) or people aren't playing well.

As I said yesterday in raidchat, as a ranged dps you're not supposed to lose to a melee dps on that fight unless the melee dps is a lot better geared or you die early. In p2 melee can't do any damage worthwhile (throwing a ranged weapon will probably not amount to much). It's 40 seconds where you as a ranged can spam instants (or even casts when you're not in a sound circle) that you can use without losing mobility ! I'm a mage without dots and can do it, so if you're a dotclass it's even easier.

I know I like to tell people how superawesome I am a lot, but I can't believe that you're not out to proof me wrong :)

Probably the biggest tip you can see in the above post: USE STRAFE A LOT. It makes you run just as fast and you keep facing your target. I have my 'Q' and 'E' button for strafe (didn't change binding on them). I'm pretty sure that you can avoid every circle every time if you put your mind to it. The only time I called out for a "I could really use a gong" was after I was on Ventrilo to tell Ara he should hit a gong for a second time in p2 if he needed it. Ofcourse, sound circles got me because I was too focussed on Ara being chased by the fire beam.

<gets of soapbox>

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

It's easy, but only if ppl follow tactics as told and use their brain.

The ffa tactic was fine, but we will loose ppl because of flames being dragged through the raid. It's ffa movement, but still requires you to move with Skull if needed. Think as a team, it's not about you only.

Stacking up is fine too, the problem is ppl did not stack up. And then the tactics fails. I cannot understand how you cannot be stacked up when it's been told 50 times over vent to stack up. Skull on your head? Strafe right, rest 2 steps left. Circles? All strafe left - and when properly stacked up, this is a 0.4 second strafe only. How hard can it be....

Would be nice in general if everyone would up his performance a bit in raids. More pewpew and better movement.
Lauryn

Post by Lauryn »

It helps melee that he has a MAHOOOOSIVE hit box, so you can stand well well back for avoiding the ickle circles of DOOOOOM!

As for the breath, remembering to run the right way and NOT wipe you all is something I plan to implement. Although I sometimes run through the dragon to avoid the breath, this can backfire when you run into the spawning circles of DOOOOOOOOM and he then one shots your butt.

DOOOOOOOOOH!

:oops:

Still, we're going to be dining on deaded blinded lizard feasts tonight me hearties!
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

Current workable tactic:

Tank him in the centre of the area. Give the tank time to get aggro before dpsing.
Everyone is spread as evenly as possible (to start with at least) around him (all the way around him.
There is no set direction to run, if you are targeted just make sure you move asap. If you are near the targetted then run away from them until you know they aren't coming for you.
When he takes off for the air phase EVERYONE needs to be moving, no excuses, no squeezing out a couple of extra casts. BE AWAKE. Standing still will likely get you deaded and annoy the gong hitter. People need to keep moving to avoid the missiles, fire etc.

It is a very easy fight if you can move and avoid dmg. Last night we got to 14% with half the raid dead and only got killed because of the soft enrage (ran out of gongs). We would have easily done it if everyone was moving at the start of the air phase.

DPS isn't the issue here, making sure you don't get hit by 'stuff' is.

I'm not raiding tonight as I'm working late, but I expect him to be dead. :D

p.s. I was very impressed and happy with the raid last night, good job all.
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Gladion

Post by Gladion »

It's quite simple. If ppl die to avoidable stuff, we won't get him down. Check your reasons for dying if your survivability is low.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g4z1 ... enc=bosses

Edit. (Thanks Lir)
We need this list clear.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g4z1 ... ell/78897/
In regione caecorum rex est luscus.
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

For those who still have problems with this one...

A very nice slideshow of how to deal with Sonic Breath, no sound just graphics...

http://www.hazmacewillraid.com/wp-conte ... f-Doom.swf