[Throne of Thunder] - Lei Shen (12)

Strategies for ToT.
Rublupine

Re: [Throne of Thunder] - Lei Shen (12)

Post by Rublupine »

I'll do write up of the strategy used on my last lead, then you'll have a reference point.

From last night, 23 signs, 3 tanks, 4 heals. So, what was the raid composition like? Looks like you managed an Easy only run? But what of starting short, Alts, off-specs, social, etc?
Tan

Post by Tan »

For yesterday, we had 5H (which is the way to go till we at least get to ph3 a couple of times), Glad forgot to sign and Hurp joined as well. So yes, full guild grp but not an ideal one (2 trialists, 2 socials, OS)…

Though our main problem seemed to be that one grp on intermission kept dying, even with perfect stacking, even with 7 people in it. And we're still trying to find…. how?? Everyone swore on dear life itself that none were using absorbs.

The strategies are not the problem. Ph1 is almost perfect. The intermission is causing mysterious problems, even with perfect execution. So there was something we were missing.

If anyone tries to find out from the logs, the red grp was:
Athinaa, Erian, Glad, Carnac, Biz and Meilir (with Lith joining them later on without much improvement).

EDIT: Vrug and V were saying something interesting (albeit with different wording :p ).

Vrug: Maybe leaving the last pillar untouched is causing the heavy dmg on one grp.
V: When we started on Green, the Pink grp was quite vulnerable. When we start on Pink, the Red grp is squichy. Coincidence?
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

I made a note of the exact time of one of our wipes. We had at least 6 stacking perfectly and apparently no soaking. Several of us took a million damage. I will look in detail at the logs later to find out why. There is something we are not getting, because this happened repeatedly. I wasn't having trouble healing the group (except one time we had double statisc and load of swirls and I lost Athi).
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Vrugdush
Officer

Post by Vrugdush »

No, that's not quite what I am saying Tan. I just think we're letting the purple pillar get too high a charge. Using three or four pillars is a secondary concern. We could let purple get to 60, the next two to 50, and leave the fourth untouched too - the main thing is moving from purple sooner so that that pillar gets a lower charge and Static Shock consequently deals less damage.

We could still leave the fourth pillar untouched, but with moving from the first three sooner, we might have too spend too much time in the centre of the room, and it might be a bit risky with all that AoE damage. Granted, our DPS is quite high now, so we might get away with it, but it still seems safer to just use all four pillars and move to green rather than to the centre. Now, this would of course mean that we run a higher risk of overloading the pillars in phase two instead, so it's a tradeoff.
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

22.34.04. Six of us perfectly stacked. Static shock:

Damage:

Erian 490k
Gladion 460k (dies)(wimp)
Carnac 392k
Meilir 490k
Athinaa 392k
Bizuneh 412k

Total: 2.64 million. Not survivable. We need to figure a tactic to handle this.
Gladion

Post by Gladion »

Heal me more! (slacker)
In regione caecorum rex est luscus.
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

Do we have a strat yet? Current strat won't work, for sure.
Tan

Post by Tan »

Fagan will be leading tonight. But trying what Vrug posted might be worth it. See if it reduces the dmg of Static Shock a little.
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
GizmoDK

Post by GizmoDK »

Why not use all for pillars? I've joined for about 60 wipes now (Out of my own purse! ;) )

But as Vrug says, why not use all four pillars, and charge them less...? There will be more moving about, so if we (yes, I consider myself as one of the team in this regard :P) continue to start on purple we risk getting more adds if we're not careful.

That's my thoughts of it :)
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

So as a H I've been paying no attention to the details of the strat (slacker). However, I've looked around.

So, you probably know this, so it is more of a check.

So, we want the two most damaging abilities/conduits destroyed by the time we get to the second transmission, and at each transition the conduit with highest energy gets destroyed. Plus, damage from any conduit increases as the energy increases and levelling up increases this further, and there's a level up every transition.

What's the total energy we are generating in phase 1?

Some info about static shock:
Found this elsewhere, but for us it was a critical piece of info that I don't see here yet:

The base damage of Static Shock is 1,000,000 in 25 man (400K in 10). For each % of charge the pillar gets, the damage increases by another 10k (4K in 10). At 100% charge, the pillar would gain 1,000,000 of damage.

The pillar always gains one level (+100%) energy during the transition. Most people, depending on the order in which they take the boss to the pillars, will have between 50-90% charge on the pillar. The pillar is fully discharged at the end of the transition (hence why each pillar starts at 0% in the second phase).

Thus, during the transition, assuming 80 energy on the static shock pillar:

1,000,000 * (1 + level) + 10k * energy = 1,000,000 * 2 + 10k * 80 = 2.8m

To become more easily survivable, you need roughly 50 or less energy on that pillar then.
Some guilds are "sputtering", meaning they drag boss away from any conduit for brief periods and heal through the aoe damage. So, you get predictable aoe damage instead of unpredictable damage during intermission. Some also believe that this reduces boss casts because some are on CD. Others say that's wrong.

What I read makes me think we should keep the energy levels in all four conduits as balanced as possible, making sure the one we want to kill is marginally highest at transition.

Again, sorry if you know all this.