Doodles and other artistic stuff

Spam!!
Caireann

Doodles and other artistic stuff

Post by Caireann »

I've finished my part of the art trade I did with Liria, so I'm posting this pic.. At first, I wanted to do so in her thread, but then I remembered that you guys wanted a separate topic for things like that, so that we'll have our own gallery of some artistic representations of our wicked minds ;)

Therefore - don't be shy, post your drawings, stories, poems, hand-craft items, or whatever you find interesting and creative and share it with us! :)

Below is the picture, and here are some screenies from Work in Progress (I tend to do such things, it's nice to see it develop in stages)
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/4564/wipliria.jpg

Ina, I hope you like it. I tried my best, pulled an all nighter today just to finish this when I had the right motivation and strenght ;) Luv ya.

PS Can I go sleep now? :D
Mehetabel

Re: Doodles and other artistic stuff

Post by Mehetabel »

That's amazing! Captures the sneakyness of rogues perfectly :D WTB sticky! ;)

I'm "attempting" to teach myself to draw but I'm somewhat rubbish so it's probably a lost cause (which is a pity cause it's, typically, the one thing I'd love to be able to do). Kinda odd that my 11 year old daughter is an amazing artist already lol. Dunno where she inherited THAT from! :roll:

Anyhoo, should I ever produce anything that is actually identifiable then I will be sure to post it up ;)
Liria

Post by Liria »

Thanks Cair, I love it :) ... but you really shouldn't lose sleep because of it :P
Good idea for a topic as well, I hope more people will post sth of their own ;)
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Its great Ika I love it :) youve coloured it well imo, thats where I always have trouble, I am happy with the pencil drawing and shading step but I inevitably mess the whole thing up when I try to add colour to it :(
Caireann

Post by Caireann »

I've been always arguing with Lir whether people have some predispositions towards drawing, or it's just something anyone can learn. And I still believe that if someone tries really hard and practises a lot it's possible to be better and draw naturally. Of course, there are some talented people, but I can't even imagine comparing myself to such people, it's a whole different level! :)

So - I think that if you'd love to be able to draw, you will if you try it every day and won't get discouraged. I have some of my old drawings and it's a complete disaster. Uhh.. I think I had a progress chart made few years ago, so it's easy to compare. (Oh yes, I've found it >>open on your own responsibility<< ) I have stopped in my progress since some time, and I can't just get over it and try new things. My style is almost the same, and it irritates me a bit.

Don't get discouraged and draw.. and share it here, please, I'd love to see it :) Both Lisa's and Margaret's works.
Emesis

Post by Emesis »

Caireann wrote:I've been always arguing with Lir whether people have some predispositions towards drawing, or it's just something anyone can learn. And I still believe that if someone tries really hard and practises a lot it's possible to be better and draw naturally. Of course, there are some talented people, but I can't even imagine comparing myself to such people, it's a whole different level! :)

Kharybdis

Post by Kharybdis »

Tokk... really... /shoo!

Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.

Prepare for the worst and dare the universe to disappoint you
Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

REALLY nice Ika, Im superimpressed. On the other hand, Emesis......but you made me /lol :)
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Nicely done Caireann.

Im not so sure that everyone can learn to draw, I struggle to get a straight line using a ruler :)

There is a school of thought though that approx 10k hours of practice in any given subject will make you world class in that particular field, I dont have that kind of commitment for any subject to be honest, though i must be at least half way there with my mad 'procrastination' skills ;)
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Aleila

Post by Aleila »

Giruy wrote:There is a school of thought though that approx 10k hours of practice in any given subject will make you world class in that particular field
I'm world class at sleeping! (But Erian & Vitki could teach me a thing or two...)