Expansion news

Spam!!
Aleila

Re: Expansion news

Post by Aleila » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:25 pm

Smitetor wrote:whilst i totally agree with you hellish, i also know that if i want to keep playing a game that it has to appeal to the wide player base not just you top 10% of players, as a game which such high kill caps don't make it to 20 years.
Agree - see Wildstar for a fine case study. An excellent MMO that quickly drove the vast majority out due to their stubborn insistence on making all the endgame content frustratingly difficult.

I didn't realise 'showing off gear' had even been a thing since Vanilla, either I've been living under a rock or this is one of those Planet Hellish things ;)
ArrZarr wrote:check out the new rules on gear swapping in M+.
To quote a classic Idlewild song: "or lack of" :D
I'm still playing ranged DPS, it's just that my range has dropped to 8 yards

Smitetor
Raid Leader

Post by Smitetor » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:32 pm

ArrZarr wrote: *For all that challenge modes were a good system, when I got mine, it became clear that dropping ilvl was a balancing nightmare and that singular, small aspect of the game required its own gear sets which is something Blizzard appears to be against - you may not be aware of this yet but check out the new rules on gear swapping in M+.
not quite true, What is that Ion and loads of the designers have said they want you to see each dungeon as a whole not a series of small pulls and they are expecting you to have gear sets per dungeon/affix, just like you might per raid boss.
the Change for M+ is to force you to take a collection of different classes (eg not 3 WW monks :P )
Tanking as a Werebear
current 120 on Lightbringer/Mazrigos

33/36 mage tower challenges completed in legion \o/,
Tankin legion and nomi's burning armies
ALt army

ArrZarr
Raid Leader

Post by ArrZarr » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:45 am

What I was referring to was more how you could cheese for optimal procs on Tanaan gear to really push your character's stats on CMs and how trinkets were completely different - Soul cap was terrible; mirror of the blademaster was OP, legendary ring was awful. (Soul cap and ring were both percentage based and at 630, both were 1% increases rather than 40% increases :))

M+ avoids a lot of this by pushing you to get strong pieces of well statted gear.

Lilpinkie

Post by Lilpinkie » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:44 pm

So pre patch arrives tomorrow, from comments it seems all characters at 110 will get a m+ chest this week even if you haven't done a m+ with 1000 essences so they can buy a legendary, even if you did a m+ this week you will only still get the essences and a key this week and no loot. This is all from comments on wowhead so I can't confirm it until tomorrow.

Lilpinkie

Post by Lilpinkie » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:25 am

Edit: confirmed, all 110 characters will have a m+ chest this week with 1000 essences and a key regardless of whether they have done any m+ or not. You can also use the essences to buy targetted legendaries for that character or a token for an alt

Aleila

Post by Aleila » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:52 am

I'm still playing ranged DPS, it's just that my range has dropped to 8 yards

ArrZarr
Raid Leader

Post by ArrZarr » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:58 am

Is there a cap on the number of essences you can have on a toon?
Would feel bad to open a chest with 1k essences and lose half of them if you're at 1k already.

Lilpinkie

Post by Lilpinkie » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:59 am

ArrZarr wrote:Is there a cap on the number of essences you can have on a toon?
Would feel bad to open a chest with 1k essences and lose half of them if you're at 1k already.
Not that I can see

ArrZarr
Raid Leader

Post by ArrZarr » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:27 am

Thanks Pinkie :)

Elihm

Post by Elihm » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:34 am

Aggramar's Stride's speed boost is still working :D so for levelling in BfA (leggos are usable up to 116) my plate alts will be getting those, and everyone else gets Sephuz.