Outlaw Rogue

If you want to join <Easy> to raid, look here and fill the application template
Maclaine

Outlaw Rogue

Post by Maclaine » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:27 pm

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER
Character name: Maclaine
Class: Rogue (who occasionally wears rouge!)
Mainspec: Outlaw
Offspec (do you actively play your offspec and do you have any experience raiding with your offspec?): I have played Assassination while levelling but not in any serious way. I haven't tried Subtlety at all. I am very new to the rogue lifestyle, normally play healers.
Battletag: Odamae#2482
Armory link:
ABOUT YOU
Name: Jaki
Age (approximately): 40 (Arrgghh, how did that happen?)
Tell us something about yourself (hobbies or anything else you want to share with us)Hi, I'm Jaki. I live in London and partly in Eindhoven. I love to play games, mostly mmo's plus some Warframe and currently Path of Exile too. I also love reading and cooking (and eating but that has a bad effect on my waistline sadly) I am also trying to learn Dutch, trying, trying, still trying, gah, impossible language!
EXPERIENCE & RAIDING
Why do you like playing this specific class and spec? I am completely new to rogue so I really don't have much experience yet. I'm enjoying it so far although I miss being able to heal myself. Getting to wear lots of tight leather outfits is fun however.
What class/role specific resources do you read or use to improve your gameplay? (websites, blogs, etc)I use Wowhead and Icy Veins mainly plus I ask other people for advice especially when I see them doing big numbers in pug raids. I like to try and work things out to fit my own playstyle with varying degrees of success.
What is your previous raiding experience?As a rogue none at all. I have raided in WoW since Molten Core first launched but always as a healer. I loved the 40 man raiding days although they were a nightmare for logistics. I raided up to Heroic level in Legion, but have only been in Uldir once on my holy priest in a pug group. I have a LOT to learn.
We raid on Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon from 21:00 to 23:30 server time. How many raids do you expect to attend per week? Raid times are perfect for me and I can easily make myself available whenever needed.
EASY
Why did you choose to apply to Easy? I saw one of your officers advertising the guild in-game and came to have a look at your website. You sound like the sort of guild I've been looking for with a dedicated approach to the game without being frighteningly hardcore and a mature player group.
Do you have any friends in Easy? Not as far as I know.
Have you been in other guilds and if so, why are you no longer in these guilds? Having played WoW for all of it's 14 years I have been in quite a few guilds over that time from the days of hardcore raiding with Hellbourne back in Vanilla and TBC days to spending some time with another raiding guild on Lightbringer throughout Legion. Mostly I left when guild stopped being active. I have been a member of a multi-game guild for 13 years but sadly I am one of the only WoW players left as most of them have moved on to other games. Hence my application here. I would like to add that I am very aware my rogue is not of raiding standard yet but I would be grateful if I could be considered as a social applicant for the time being to get to know other members of the guild and do my rogue learning with other people to talk to in-game. Thanks for reading my wall of text anyways. :)
I

Vrugdush
Officer

Re: Outlaw Rogue

Post by Vrugdush » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:09 pm

Hi again, Maclaine!

I'm glad you liked the sound of our guild enough to apply. We quite like it ourselves. :-)

Like I said in game, we don't usually take social members who don't already know someone in the guild, and your gear level is a bit too low to join us on our current adventures. I do like the sound of your app in other ways though, which is why I encouraged you to still give applying a go.

We'll give members a bit of time to comment and say hello, and have a think about it, and then we'll get back to you.

Hang tight, and have fun in the meantime!

Maclaine

Post by Maclaine » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:16 pm

Thanks very much for the prompt reply. I shall carry on gearing up and trying to get used to dying a lot. Why can't rogues heal like priests? /cry :P I will also keep my fingers crossed that your guild can find a little space for a sociable (ok, I talk too much!) eager-to-learn, wow-loving member who is quite happy to just pick lots of flowers and help with the guild supplies if that's necessary. I should mention I like collecting achievements lots too but as this is a new character she is embarrassingly low on those at the moment :D

Hellish

Post by Hellish » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:28 pm

Goodluck with your app! you seem like a fun addition to our guildchat (bonus points for actually trying to learn Dutch!)

Eindhoven de gekste!:D
"If i was meant to be controlled, i would have come with a remote"

Rotkwa
Officer

Post by Rotkwa » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:53 pm

Hey Maclaine,

we like your app and are happy to invite you to the guild for a trial period, so that we can get to know you and that you see if you like us. There will be opportunity to try your hand at raiding too, when your toon is ready.

Please, contact any of the officers (Rotkwa, Vrugdush, Thesis) in game for an invite.

Maclaine

Post by Maclaine » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:35 pm

Thank you very much. I will try to be online this evening. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone :D

Aleila

Post by Aleila » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:16 pm

Hey Maclaine, nice to meet you :D I enjoyed your app, hope to see you in guild soon!

(I'm currently being elusive - what rogue isn't? - but if you spot Crispystrips online feel free to /w with any outlaw rogue questions!)
I'm still playing ranged DPS, it's just that my range has dropped to 8 yards

Vitki

Post by Vitki » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:30 am

Enjoyed reading your app... look forward to meeting you online. :)