All members of the guild, regardless of rank, are expected to adhere to this Code of Conduct. This Code of Conduct governs all interactions between guild members and other people, either within the guild or outside. This Code of Conduct applies to all members and all means of communication without exception.
Breaches of the Code of Conduct will result in disciplinary action from the Guild Leadership appropriate to the player's rank and the nature of the breach. Such punishments will include, in increasing order of severity: deduction of SP, deduction of DKP, demotion, expulsion from the guild, and enforced fishing.
- Respect others. Treat all other players with dignity and respect. Be respectful of other members of the guild, their abilities, their contributions, and any extra duties they perform to keep the guild running.
- We all play to have fun. Don't ruin it for other people. It is you, and not the Guild Leadership, who is primarily responsible for whether you are having fun or not.
- Be mature. Immature and infantile behaviour is not tolerated. This is a guild of adults, so make sure you act like it.
- You are part of a guild. We succeed as a group, not as individuals. Self-centred and self-absorbed attitudes are not helpful.
- Not everyone will get on with everyone else. That's life.
- Not everyone will agree with everyone else. Its a large guild and conflict will inevitably arise. As adults, members are expected to either try to resolve disagreements with other players civilly, privately and independently. Failing that, try to work around it. Approach an Officer for assistance if you have exhausted all other options.
- Drama will not be tolerated. Disagreements or other behaviours which become disruptive are unacceptable.
- Guild rules will inevitably change over time. Members are expected to accept and adhere to new rules regardless of their personal opinions. Be mindful that the Guild Leadership tries to make decisions that are best for the guild as a whole and for the long term, which may not necessarily correspond to the best decision for you personally right now.
- Constructive feedback and discussion on all aspects of the guild and raiding is always welcome. Complaints should not be made unless accompanied by alternative proposals. All feedback and discussion should respect this Code of Conduct.
- Read the forums. The forums are the main way of communicating important guild information (as well as a lot of trivial guild information). Most importantly, changes to raid strategies and guild announcements are made there. It is your responsibility to check the forums regularly and stay apprised of any important information.
- Do not engage in any activity that will bring the guild's name into disrepute. Behaviours such as spamming, trolling, ninjaing, begging, flaming, or other anti-social actions are not acceptable.
- Do not use excessive, gratuitous or explicit language. Justifiable mature language and conversation is to be accepted in a guild of adults. Politics, religion, and similarly divisive topics are embargoed.
- Abusive, threatening, discriminatory, or prejudicial behaviour of any form is expressly forbidden and will be met with immediate expulsion from the guild. Intentionally vexatious, obstructive, malicious, hostile, aggressive, or insulting behaviour is not acceptable.
- Follow the Guild Rules and Code of Conduct at all times. This creates the infinite recursive loop of order.